Mindburst Hickocks is, minus the occasional deviation from form, a repository of ideas I have had but could not find a use for. They are free for you to take and run with. In fact, please do.

Also, we now feature assignments.

5.13.2009

Mondays and Thursdays are a dollar a string.

I have been bowling sidearm for years. It's the only way I know how. I'm not a very good bowler. Sometimes my father tries to show me how it's normal to bowl and I can't seem to do it. No matter what I think I do he says I'm still swinging way out to the side.

Last night, between the two strings we bowled, he said to me, "Jim, when you only have a few pins left you seem to have more control." That is because when there're only one or two standing I throw underhand instead of sidearm. I told him this. "Then why don't you just throw underhand all the time?"

My second score was more than twice my first.

2 comments:

  1. That is great that you have made a breakthrough in bowling.

    However, I am jealous that you go bowling with your dad.

    My dad never takes me...and he has a hurt arm now so I can't even propose the idea right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had to make it happen. You gotta jump on that guy when he's healed. Bowling with fathers is good.

    We go almost weekly, actually.

    ReplyDelete

You, also, can write words on the internet.

"I lost the passion for the blog. I am not built for blogging. I am built for intermittent, longer pieces, and successful blogging requires frequent, shorter pieces. YOU should have a blog. Mindburst Hickocks, that's the name of it. GO."
-Jason Michelitch
Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

Followers